Steve has been a dedicated real estate professional since 1979 with numerous designations and accomplishments. He has enthusiastically pursued continuing real estate education to be at the cutting edge of market trends and developments, technology and real estate knowledge. His clients and customers are impressed with his energy, creative ideas, and his attention to details. Steve's negotiation skills combined with after the contract follow-up, leading to the closing are other important strengths. Steve's years of experience in the Greater Rochester marketplace, as well as New York State, National and International referral networks, make the Babbitt Team a solid choice for your real estate representation.
Steve is licensed by New York State as Stephen J. Babbitt as an Associate Real Estate Broker.
Steve holds the prestigious designations/certifications of:
- CIPS - Certified International Property Specialist
- CRS - Certified Residential Specialist
- e-PRO - Internet Specialist
- GRI - Graduate Realtors Institute
- HOMES - Housing Our Military with Excellent Service
- RSPS - Resort & Second Property Specialist
- SFR - Short Sales & Foreclosures Resource
- SRES - Senior Real Estate Specialist
- TRC - Transnational Referral Certified
As a Broker and REALTOR, he commands several Leadership positions in the local, state and national Associations.
- 2014-2015 Immediate Past President of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
- 2012 - 2013 President of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
- 2010 - 2011 Pres-elect of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
- 2009 Treasurer of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
- 2008 Secretary of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
- 2008-2014 Director for the New York State Association of Realtors
- 2004 and 2005 President of the CRS Chapter for New York State
- 2008 Chapter Policy Review Board for the National Council of Residential Specialists
As an experienced REALTOR, Steve has sold over 1,850 homes over his 36 years in the business! Think of the experience and knowledge gained from participating in that number of transactions from start to finish!
Sharon has been working in real estate with Steve since 1980 in many capacities. She is a Broker Associate and a REALTOR, and a lifelong Rochester resident. Sharon is knowledgeable about the process for buying or selling, and works as part of the Babbitt Team. She is a leader at Browncroft Community Church in Penfield and works in helping people in need in the city and church. She is a graduate of the University of Rochester, School of Nursing, and has worked in an internal medicine practice for 35 years. She is a mother of 3 young adults who are all married and have families. Sharon is known to be an energetic multi-tasker who enjoys connecting people with a great new home.